Thursday 22 September 2011

on being admitted @ the hospital..

Yeap! That's what happened to me the 2nd week of Syawal. It's was an experience which I bet, only few encountered. 

I was admitted for my complain of severe abdominal pain. It was the whole abdomen when it first started but by the time I brought myself to the emergency the pain localised itself to the 'right' side. Good thing I brought it sooner (well, I can't stand the pain jua... couldn't get up from the bed!!)
So many things were playing in my head. I am just 28wks... what could it be?? Yang mahalnya, sampat lagi surfing tu mencari facts on what causes the pain? Was it early labour? Knowing I had a case before, the pain even brought me flashbacks!!! Positively thinking, I assumed that it's salah urat due to muscle stretching.. but as the little one moves, kicks.. macam mikin sakit jua and my tummy was THAT tense!! Hard to describe really but yes, I was in a lot of paaaiiinn!!! Good thing I remember the 5-1-1 rule, so early labour was out of the picture *Alhamdulillah* I sooooo don't want my little one to be out that soon and being kept in SCBU... but apa2pun, berserah saja pada takdir masa atu.

Went to the Emergency after Subuh and obviously, the doctor got me admitted for treatment and observation. I had my 1st experience of getting into the labour room...which was quite nice actually. The area was clean, changing room properly maintained...it does give me the chills but I'm super duper confident that I won't be having the early labour. Oh, I'm talking about SSB Hospital KB.. Wards are similar to DPMMHAMB Hospital, Tutong. Every bay has 4 beds with 2 restrooms (1 for shower, 1 for #1 and #2). Alhamdulillah~ so either these two hospitals will do for delivery nanti *thumbsup*

My immediate checks was ofcourse the little one. Actively kicking and healthy as a baby should be hence the pain's definitely not coming from my pregnancy. The morning after my review with the doctor(s), yes, I have several doctors diagnosing me. Gynae, Paeds, Surgery... u name it! I was informed that I could be suffering an inflamed apendicitis! My mind was like, apendicitis?? Alhamdulillah~ But it doesn't stop there, they said that they will try to give me meds (ofcourse it won't affect the baby) and see if my pain subsides as this inflammation was actually giving me all the pain and may trigger my uterus into having early delivery. IF the pain subsides, I'm ok~ if it doesn't, they have to do surgery to remove my appendicitis and may also get me in preterm labour!! What choice do I have here? Again, berserah kepada takdir... if it was meant to be that way then so be it.

Alhamdulillah, within 24 hours the pain subsides..... such a relief indeed. Had to be on 'Fluid Only' diet for 24 hrs though but it's all worth it! :D :D :D The next 24 hrs went well jua...hence, was discharged the next day. Given a few days off from work but is on bedrest. Coincidentially, my MC coincides with my applied leave jua so... kira extended hols off from work lah?~ Hehehe, Alhamdulillah..

Here I am now, preparing myself for the coming to our newborn. Got my vintage 27yrs baby cot to be reused and repainted. Few items already been bought and am planning to attack Bebeland & Mothercare this weekend since, again, they're on sale till end of the month :D Wishing all the M2Bs especially firstimers like myself, a very good luck on our journey to motherhood. Til next time... xoxo~

1 comment:

  1. Alhamdulillah.. Glad to know both you and Baby are okay :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete