Saturday 19 May 2012

.. the 6th ...

Alhamdulillah, syukur for all His guidance and blessings to our little family, Baby.I is now 6 months.

Dearest Mummy.I just got herself some toys to play with this weekend. Hehehe. Baby.I, as I believe, is  ready for weaning. Plan is to start on bubur beras pusu (applying the 4 days wait) - then fruit purees (advisable apple and pear for cooked ones) - then for mashed raw ones: avocados, banana n perhaps papaya. :)

I've been doing my reading on making and freezing homemade baby food.... and was able to summarize a few facts :
  • frozen purees can last up till 3 months BUT majority advises to actually use them within a month of freezing
  • once thawed, the food mustn't be re-freeze (so I'm guessing better to make small batches of 'em) now I know why Annabel Karmel used the freeze trays or pots!! As tempted as I am on buying them, I much preferred buying those clear plastic containers we can easily find arah kedai $1.80 or cutepacks! As long as it is BPA free, shouldn't be a problem. ;)
  • frozen food must be thawed inside a refrigerator and this can last up to 72hours in the fridge, though some websites advised to use them within 48hours. SO it's your pick. :)
  • once thawed, the purees can either be served cold or warm. whichever you prefer as well.
  • on adding EBMs to food, it is better to add them upon serving, i.e for thinning the purees, as EBMs when thawed cannot be frozen lagi, i.e used to thin the purees,
  • on adding formula milk, this can be added when preparing the purees and be frozen together, but ofcourse my choice would be, only to add them when needed :)
So, dengan semangat yang tinggi... I am ready to prepare Baby.I's first meal tomorrow! *yay* Wonder how Baby.I will take it... heee~

will post pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment