Thursday 22 November 2012

... the things I packed

Assalamualaikum all..

I thought since it is still fresh in mind, I might as well typed everything out before I forget.. ~ Packing when travelling with a baby is not much difference with packing when we're going for a sleeping over at our parent's or in-laws except with lots and lots of extra clothes especially when our intention to go to KL is to shop! Now, I have a problem when it comes to diaper changes at public places (changing room, fitting room, strollers... u name it!) Baby.I hates it! He hates it so much that the moment we put him on the changing pad, he'll cry his heart out!! rrrreeaaaaaaallly cry his heart out that a whole mothercare (B) shop will definitely hear him and ofcourse, I will surely get that 'look' from the others...  ("^;^) heheh... and due to the packed schedule since our trip involves 2 whole days on the road (arrive in KL night time, the next day off to Johor and stayed there for 2 nights)with family outings almost every evening and shopping during the day, as much as I hate saying this, I resorted to using disposables for this trip but ONLY with the brand I trusted (HUGGIES Ultra) that surely will not cause skin rash to dearest Baby.I~ He wears them the first month of his lives so I'm sure this is good on him.

Ok, I'm a checklist lady.. so when it comes to travelling be it alone or with my family. I always have mine ready.... 
  1. Travel documents - passports, tickets or if you do web check-in, printed copy of your boarding pass, list of places to go and things to get.
  2. Toiletries - for Baby.I :bathing essentials, CJs, lotions, toothbrushes, agnesia powder (just in case), HUGGIES Ultra M54
  3. Inflight diaperbag & entertainment - a little bit of everything from changing clothes, toys, snacks, his bottles and fm, hot water flask, diapers, wipes, sanitisers and etc. oh any tablet or smartphones (Flight Mode) for entertainment. When bringing a baby on board an airplane, I guess the restriction on bringing fluid is less.. baby essential is high priority! But for bf-ing mothers, the stuffs to bring will be less ofcourse~ For more info HERE
  4. Babyfood - enough for the whole one week (breakfast, lunch n dinner), packed in a styrofoam container with lots of techni-ice!! Sealed and plastic wrapped at the airport @ $4.00, a can of Enfapro 900g, feeding set.. fave cup, plate, bips and all~
  5. Clothes - a few pjs, shirts and pants, towels and handkerchiefs. A small bottle of baby laundry liquid. Incase ada free time to do laundry.
  6. Stroller - ours' an umbrella kind.. had it since before Baby.I was born. I remember posting an entry about this. Best used as trolley throughout our shopping spree!! *lol* Pls bring the stroller to the check-in counter for tagging, they will take the stroller when you're about to board the plane and store them in a special compartment, it will ofcourse be on the belt with the luggage on arrival.
  7. Baby carrier - despite having a stroller, it is important to have a carrier as well. There are places where it is much easier to move about with a carrier than strollers. Plus, babies tend to get bored when sitting around in their strollers the whole day.. so, yah!
  8. Camera - now I know we all have smart phones.. but when it comes to travelling, I prefer the camera.. better quality photos! Ah yes, charger too!
  9. Chargers - phone, tablets, laptops.. anything you're bringing abroad! Nada charger inda bebattery semua tu!
  10. Hotel / Transport bookings - please ensure everything is confirmed!
 At least having all of the above sorted out, you won't be in much of a hassle during the trip. If you're looking for a more detailed list, browse through HERE. I am now looking forward to our next trip together in 2013. Where? Have yet to decide with the Mister.. hehe what can I say, I love travelling and it is good way to spend your quality time with the loved ones! Stress FREEEEEE from work!!

Until next time... xoxo!~

No comments:

Post a Comment