Sunday 4 March 2012

...fighting eczema! :S



Baby.I has been fighting eczema since he was 2months+ and this has got me worried. Apart from it being inherited from either myself or Mr.A, we have no idea on what to do with it lagi. Went to the Govt clinic and Baby.I was prescribed with hydrocortisone & aqueous cream which normally should work wonders within 1 or 2 weeks but it's an on and off thing for him. Poor little baby.... I too suffered the same after delivery atu (my reasoning would be hormones? antam saja tia) but after given hydrocortisone of a higher concentration lagi..alhamdulillah within days nada.

Nasib jua dari awal I have taken the precaution of using sensitive baby laundry detergent for all Baby.I stuffs. All his shirts are cotton, when Baby.I is feeding or salivating we make sure that his cheeks are wiped clean with lukewarm water and patted dry, powder isn't my thing, eliminated J&J products and now have been using Eubos Cream Bath Oil saja.


It moisturizes Baby.I's skin alright but I have yet to see a lot of positive outcome from it. So far, his cheeks are no longer flaring up except in the afternoon(s) ... the heat and all~ I can see the newly developed patches have dried up and peeled off but yang existing ones, still jua lah except that it's not flaring. Mesti cuba one by one. Brunei Mother's forum has also mentioned about this CHinese Medicinal cream that works for them and their children.. but it's in Chinese.. I must know the ingredients! :S Need to google it soon...

Here's a few list of products used to control eczema :
  • Shaklee Basic H - thinking of getting this one since it is multipurpose jua
  • Eubos
  • QV - used by my sister for her children but abit reluctant kan cuba..
  • Sebamed
  • Rosken - used by husband
  • Bud's Organic
  • CJ's cream - best for treating nappy rash
  • Sudocrem
Basic H2 has to be on the top on my list cos I want this real bad but since nada yg available at the moment I went and go ahead with Eubos, inda berani kan put rosken but as I read can be used for babies jua though not so sure from what age. Baby.I is still an infant jua kan! Buds organic.. *ehem* pricey ... but will definitely consider that jua. Sayang bah if buy then nda bepakai sampai habis.

I'm thinking to change his formula jua ni. BUt then again, so far what he's drinking is just fine jua. Takut kan tukar lagi cos last time when I did that, constipated ya tarus and he cried so hard when he poops ...oh poor Baby.I. !!!
Update : BL Chinese Cream is an antifungal cream. Tak berani lah I ~
As a ketoconazole, BL cream should only be applied once a day. It has been known as teratogenic and can harm a fetus. Although, creams are only for localized effect and not systemically, pregnancy should also be considered. Ketoconazole is not for pregnant and lactating mothers. Care should be provided for young children to avoid hypersensitivity reactions. Ketoconazole may cause skin irritation and burning sensation. Infrequently, individuals may also develop contact dermatitis- a condition characterized by severe itching.

Better be safe than sorry... *sigh* it's research time!

Update 2 : Basic H2 is a cleaning agent. Not advisable to be put on babies. I know some mother(s) use it to treat their child but cleaning agent? hmmmmm... nda saya berani jua...

(copied from Shaklee.com)

Basic H2® is all you need for thousands of household jobs
  • Ultraconcentrated – 16 ounces makes up to 48 gallons of super powerful cleaner when mixed with water.
  • Versatile and powerful cleaner – removes dirt, grease, and grime from any washable surface, inside and out. Dilute according to directions.
  • No rinse, no residue, streak-free formula.
Use on any washable surface – indoors or out
  • Walls, Windows and Mirrors, Countertops, Floors, Appliances, Stoves, Sealed Woodwork, Pots and Pans, Furniture
Clean Credentials
  • Nontoxic
  • Natural
  • Doubly concentrated
  • Biodegradable Surfactants
didn't say anything about treating ur little ones right?..so yeh~

No comments:

Post a Comment