Friday 28 September 2012

... Friday entry

Assalamualaikum peeps,

I have to admit, this week's been spending lots of time doing research... on what else??! Baby development....!! Alhamdulillah, I am slowly getting myself back on track with my normal duties as a working wife and mom. Here's what I found out with my long night reading(s) :

 

Separation anxiety....
Yes, have to admit that now Baby.I is at the crisis age to experience separation anxiety. We didn't see it coming as normally, he wouldn't even bother or buat der saja when seeing me or hubs went off to work. BUt guess what?! The opposite happened starting this week! Kan mau ikut saja..... kesian you know! Not that we're complaining... somehow, we find the experiencing rather sweet and well- touching *happytears* Ah bless! Siuk rasanya bila he acted this way... showed us that we have a bond. Obviously lah jua tu ah... hehehe parent & child!

So this is what I've found out, which I think can be implimented....
Always say goodbye. Kiss and hug your baby when you leave and tell him where you're going and when you'll be back, but don't prolong your goodbyes. And resist the urge to sneak out the back door. Your baby will only become more upset if he thinks you've disappeared into thin air.

Keep it light. Your baby is quite tuned in to how you feel, so show your warmth and enthusiasm for the caregiver you've chosen.

Try not to cry or act upset if your baby starts crying – at least not while he can see you. You'll both get through this. The caregiver will probably tell you later that your baby's tears stopped before you were even out of the driveway.
Once you leave, leave. Repeated trips back into the house or daycare center to calm your baby will make it harder on you, your child, and the caregiver.
Insya-Allah, he'll get through it.. by age 2! Or maybe sooner, hehehe



Feeding...
Oh yes.. I have to admit, I have not started giving Baby.I chicken nor beef! I've tried feeding him salmon dah~ But due to my condition last time, nauseous everytime mencium bau cooking... I failed to practice feeding him chicken and beef. Will definitely try this the soonest! For his age, I managed to find this guide :

Age: 10 to 12 months

Signs of readiness for additional solid food
  • Can hold head up
  • Sits well in highchair
  • Makes chewing motions
  • Shows significant weight gain (birth weight has doubled)
  • Shows interest in food
  • Can close mouth around a spoon
  • Can move food from front to back of mouth
  • Can move tongue back and forth, but is losing tendency to push food out with tongue
  • Seems hungry after 8 to 10 feedings of breast milk or 40 oz. of formula in a day
  • Is teething
  • Picks up objects with thumb and forefinger (pincer grasp)
  • Can transfer items from one hand to the other
  • Puts everything in his mouth
  • Moves jaw in a chewing motion
  • Swallows food more easily
  • Has more teeth
  • No longer pushes food out with tongue
  • Is trying to use a spoon
What to feed
  • Breast milk or formula PLUS
  • Soft pasteurized cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese (but no cows' milk until age 1)
  • Iron-fortified cereals (rice, barley, wheat, oats, mixed cereals)
  • Fruit cut into cubes or strips, or mashed
  • Bite-size, soft-cooked vegetables (peas, carrots)
  • Combo foods (macaroni and cheese, casseroles)
  • Protein (egg; pureed or finely ground meats, poultry, and boneless fish; tofu; well-cooked and mashed beans)
  • Finger foods (lightly toasted bread or bagels, small pieces of ripe banana, spiral pasta, teething crackers, low-sugar O-shaped cereal)
How much per day
  • 1/3 cup dairy (or 1/2 oz. cheese)
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup iron-fortified cereal
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup fruit
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup vegetables
  • 1/8 to 1/4 cup combo foods
  • 1/8 to 1/4 cup protein foods
hoooboy!! banyak kaann... hahaha so far he's ok with oats, fruits, veggies, beans and fish. Have not introduced him those yang I haven't crossed out... but I guess, that will follow with his growth. Insya-Allah~ As a new mom, I am still learning with adapting conventional + modern methods of raising a child.  It can be a challenge especially when opposing our elders ideas or ways. Especially those yang macam... hmmm how shall I say it yea... well- methods ani lah. Some ofcourse we'll follow, but there's just the teeny tiny bit yang really out of the picture... hehehe susah lah nak explain! I hope you all get what I mean lah ah~


(entry to be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment